OSHA 30-Hour Construction Training
OSHA recommends Outreach Training Programs as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1926. Construction workers must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on specific hazards of the job. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an OSHA 30-Hour Construction Outreach DOL course completion card within 6-8 weeks.
The OSHA 30-hour Construction Outreach Training course has been reviewed and accepted by OSHA for online distribution. This course is designed for construction employees with safety responsibilities such as Foremen, Superintendents, Project Managers, Safety Coordinators, and Safety Specialists.
Note: The 30 Hour Construction Outreach course is NOT equivalent to the OSHA 510 or 511 courses and will not meet the course prerequisites to take the OSHA 500 or 501 courses.
Enrollment Assistance: (866) 959-6230
Customer Support: (877) 881-2235
Outreach Instructor: Curtis Chambers (email)
In order to receive your DOL OSHA 30-hour card you must complete the survey at the end of the course.
- Module 1: Introduction to OSHA and the OSH Act
- Module 2: Recordkeeping
- Module 3A: Basic Safety Orientation
- Module 3B: General Safety and Health Provisions
- Module 4: Health Hazards: Hazard Communication
- Module 5: Health Hazards: Hazardous Materials
- Module 6: Process Safety Management: (PSM)
- Module 7: Personal Protective Equipment
- Module 8: Fire Protection
- Module 9: Materials Handling and Storage
- Module 10: Hand and Power Tools
- Module 11: Welding and Cutting
- Module 12: Focus Four – Electrical Safety
- Module 13: Focus Four – Struck-By and Caught in Between Hazards
- Module 14: Focus Four – Fall Protection
- Module 15: Cranes and Rigging
- Module 16: Motor Vehicles
- Module 17: Excavations
- Module 18: Concrete and Masonry Construction
- Module 19: Stairways and Ladders
- Module 20: Confined Spaces
- Module 21: Lead Safety in the Workplace
- Module 22: Use of Explosives in the Workplace
- Module 23: Scaffolds
- Final Exam
Testing & Final Exam
At the end of each module, you will be given a 10 question module quiz. You must score at least 70% on each module quiz to move forward in the course. Once you have successfully completed all of the modules, you must pass a final exam to receive full credit for the course. The exam is 20 questions long and will test your knowledge on information covered throughout the course. You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course. You will be given up to three opportunities to pass each quiz and the final exam; if you do not pass after three tries, you will be locked out of this course will no longer be able to take your Outreach training in an online format.
Time of Completion
Once you enroll in the OSHA 30-hour Construction Outreach Training course you have six months from the time you start this course to complete it in order to receive credit. After six months, your account will expire and you will be required to purchase the course again if you wish to complete it.
In order to receive your DOL Wallet Card you must complete the survey at the end of the course.
“Good quality, affordable course. Worked well for our staff needs.”
“I was reluctant to take the course online, but the staff was very helpful.”
“The support staff was quick to assist me with an issue and helped me resolve my problem.”